1.06.2009

New School

So I have officially been to all of my classes once. They were just dandy. My first class is a writing class (3 big papers during the semester). I then crossed campus to attend my History course (2 major papers and 5 books to read). I then had to slippy slide my way up campus to my Human Geography course (4 large projects). That was the extent of day one... thank heaven. The day was far from over however :). My dear friend Shelisa and I then made the treacherous journey towards the SLC international airport to pick up a friend. We left at 2:00 in the afternoon. We got home at 8:00 that evening. We spent only 45 minutes at the airport, the rest of the time was traveling. It took nearly 3 hours to get from Salt Lake back to Provo due the snow induced car accidents (SCARY!!!). Today was the second day of classes, so it started with a 5 minute Political Science class. I can't say that it didn't irk me a little that I had to get up and get ready, trudge uphill in 1 1/2 feet of snow to be told that the teacher for the course wasn't going to make it to the first day of class... yah. Then I have a LONG break until my next class so I started doing some homework from Monday. I then had the very strange urge to attend Devotional, I am very glad I did. I was reminded of the basic truth of the value of trust. I learned that I need to work at first putting my trust in the Lord, then in myself, and finally in other people. I have been working on simplifying my life and dealing with the stresses so I was very grateful for the inspired words of that devotional. I attended my second geography class and will be learing (via writing 3 papers) about middle and south america. I was not sure if I wanted to take this class but I think I am going to be glad that I am. The cherry on top of the first two days of class was buying books :). I spent just under $500 on books, yes that is terrible. Not just that but I had to wait in a line that zig zagged through the entire building, went around the perimiter of the inside of the building and down a flight of stairs to buy these books. If that's not enough I then carried my VERY heavy books home through a snow storm. Messy. Things are okay though. Beneath all the sarcasm though, I am very glad that I have this chance to go to school. I am interested in my classes and I think that if I can keep this motivation this semester will be fine, snow and all.